Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Another project finished

Not sure when I found the time to finish this as we have had a busy week so far and it doesn’t stop till Sunday so not much chance to do more this week, apart from on Saturday when I am going to another of Jennie’s workshops.

Anyway here is the latest finished canvas.



The canvas was ready prime so I used Distress stains in green, pink and orange. Please don’t ask which colours as I am totally useless and always forget to make a note of them. Once dry I stamped in Vermillion Archival ink with a script stamp on one half and the they then covered the join/gap in the stamping. Topped of with Sissix die cut swirls and flowers made from the Tattered Floral die, a couple of butterflies stuck together to ‘fly’ and a metal one with a hint of alcohol ink to bring it together. Oh and, as you can see, I inked the edges to give it definition.

Thanks for looking

Sunday, 5 May 2013

It is a glorious day here, hope it lasts.

I am still working on lots of projects, how I have changed! I would always do one project till it was completed but now I work so differently I have to leave stuff to dry and that gives me time to think about what I do next. I think it is paying off though I still get some disasters.

Any way after the workshop last week I ‘needed’ to make a similar something in blues. Though I loved what I did at the workshop I just had this need. So I did this, using the same techniques apart from the airbrushing.


It is a box and the sides are the pale blue with more swirls randomly stamped.

I also saw a project in the display at The Artistic Stamper , I didn’t have the stamp but there was one in the shop. I had a bit of a problem with my Glossy Accents, think it must be getting old as it went a bit brown but I love the effect though it is not quite straight and the card was a bit too thin


but it has given me the idea I wanted.

Thanks for looking